Oct 28, 2007

Spore Confirmed for Wii

Ever since the first time I saw a glimpse of the PC version of Spore I have been hugely excited about it. I am a huge fan of games like The Sims and Black & White, I don't know if it's because those are great games or if I am just a control freak. But whatever the case Spore has the potential to be amazing and I cant wait for it.

Now the long hinted at Wii Version of Spore has been confirmed by Will Wright it's creator (announcement can be found here). 

I am actually a little reluctant to get my hopes up for Spore on Wii. On the one hand there is my love for the Wii, but on the other hand there is the massive list of crappy ports that call the Wii home.

My Sims is the type of remake I am worried Spore could become. Don't get me wrong I really liked My Sims as a stand alone title, but to me it just did not hold up the The Sims name. I will keep an open mind with Spore on Wii. But because of the Wii's hardware limitations I just don't see how it could possibly compare to the other versions without significantly changing the gameplay that I am so looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment