Sep 19, 2007

Wii gets its Force Unleashed

Yesterday it was announced that Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be coming to the Wii:

"LucasArts today (9-18-07) revealed that Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ will come to the Wii™ home videogame system from Nintendo next spring, offering owners the unique chance to live out their Jedi fantasies by wielding the Wii Remote™ as a lightsaber while using the Nunchuk™ controller to torment foes with their Force™ powers."

I know people will hate me for saying so, but I think that this has a lot of potential to become just another craptastic Wii port. I have several reasons for saying this:

1. It's being made by Krome Studios who brought us such great games as Barbie Beach Vacation & Ty the Tasmanian Tiger, rather than Lucas Arts like the other two versions.

2. This game is pushing the 360 and PS3's graphics capability's to new limits. Much of the gameplay is based off of the advanced physics engine it uses, and I just don't see how that could translate well to the Wii hardware.

3. This is still suppose to be essentially the same game as the other versions. But the 1:1 lightsaber controls that all Star Wars fans want would significantly change the gameplay, and would probably not fit within the structure of the game. What this probably means is controls more tacked on like in Twilight Princess.

Don't get me wrong I am a huge Star Wars/Wii fan so I really hope this game turns out to be great. But from what I know about it so far I am more looking forward to the Xbox 360 version than on Wii. Let’s just hope I am completely crazy and that this game is going to be the best of the three versions, plus the Wii lightsaber game we have all been dreaming about since the moment we laid eyes on the Wii-Remote. But unless the Force is strong in you we will just have to wait until it is released in spring 2008. If you have any input on why we should anticipate/avoid this game on Wii speak up in the comments section.

May the Force be with you... (sorry could not resist)

No comments:

Post a Comment