Oct 4, 2007

The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass First Impressions

Two days ago I got The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass and so far it is just ok. I am most definitely not one of those people who did not like The Wind Waker because of it's graphics. Actually on the contrary in my opinion The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker was one of the best looking games of the last generation.

The Wind Waker was and still is among my favorite games of all time so I was really looking forward to playing Phantom Hourglass as it's a direct sequel. Like all games that have Zelda in the title (not including the terrible CDI games) it is an excellent and very polished game. But with that said it sadly seems to be one of the lesser games in the Zelda franchise. But at the moment I am not really far enough in to the game to judge it.

But my initial complaints are first of all the controls, which are somewhat hit and miss. And at least so far the puzzles seem very dumbed down from Previous Zelda titles, even when compared to The Wind Waker's less than challenging puzzles this game has been very easy so far.

On the other hand though there is the graphics... HOLY CRAP! I new that the DS was more capable than what is usually shown on the system but I was not prepared for just how capable it really is. Phantom Hourglass is nothing less than beautiful and believe me when I say the screen shots do not do this game justice. I really hope that this will put a little pressure on developers to start pushing the DS hardware a little farther than what we usually see on the DS

Despite my complaining this is still a very good game and I highly recommend to any one with a Nintendo DS. Go buy this game!

No comments:

Post a Comment