Sep 17, 2007

NSider Back Stabbing

When I signed on to the Nintendo.com NSider forums this morning I was greeted with a very unsettling message:

"Nintendo is working on a major overhaul to Nintendo.com to support the continued success of Nintendo DS and Wii. As we prepare for this huge site update, Nintendo must unfortunately close the Nintendo NSider Forums message boards indefinitely beginning Sept. 17, 2007." (for the hole article go here NSider Forum)

This is definitely an odd move by Nintendo. I suspect that this is going to make a lot of people very mad (me included). That "close the Nintendo NSider Forums message boards indefinitely" comment has me a little worried that we may never see the NSider forums again. If you have any input on what Nintendo is thinking, feel free to leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. I'm JENNIFERASLAN from the NSider Forums (I was in DS Games and Legend of Zelda, mostly). I hear from some friends of mine, who do work for Nintendo, that NOA has moved all its marketing to New York (online group) and San Francisco (advertising and promotions), and away from Redmond, WA, and that pretty much all the Mods we knew on the Forums are gone. People either had to move or lose their jobs. I'm also told that game micro-sites will be going away as well.

    No one really knows what's going on or what they're thinking, but it really looks like the Forums won't be back. I'm disappointed that they did this so abruptly, with no warning at all, and that they're going to keep the read-only version of the Forums up for only a week. It all seems so crazy. I purchased almost all of my DS games on the recommendation of my fellow NSiders, so if they think the Forums weren't making them any money, they were wrong.

    I wonder if all this means the end of Nintendo Power Magazine as well...

    ReplyDelete